Thursday, September 17, 2009

Four years ago today...

Today is September 17, 2009. That means it has been four years since my mom died on September 17, 2005. I just can't believe it. I can't believe it's been four whole years since I've seen or talked to the woman who birthed me and raised me.

Four years ago I had just started college.

Four years ago I was 18 years old.

Four years ago I wasn't married, I didn't have my own house, I didn't have my two cats, I didn't own my own business.

Four years ago I had this amazing boyfriend named Josh.

Four years ago my mom told Josh, "Take care of Abby." He promised he would.



This morning I woke up with a pit in my stomach because I knew today was the day. It seems harder this year. Four years, to me, feels like so long. Four years ago I was starting a new chapter in my life- college. And now that's all over. My mom missed a whole chapter of my life. I missed out on having my mom's support throughout all of my college years.

I miss her dearly. I miss her gummy smile, quiet spirit, and wisdom. I know she's in heaven now, dancing and singing with angels, Jesus, and my two brothers. But I really wish she would come back here.

I love you and miss you, Mom.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

me too

Anonymous said...

That's very sweet Snails. Your mom would be very proud of the lovely and crafty young woman you've become...I certainly know I am : )

Alex. said...

that's lovely.
i'm sure your mom would be very proud of you :)